When you need fast heat pump repair in Quincy, MA, look no further than Aspinwall Plumbing & Heating. Our family delivers the affordable services families like yours have depended on since 1972.
Keeping your home comfortable is our priority. That’s why our skilled professionals offer 24/7 emergency repairs for all brands. And as your local Lennox® Premier Dealer™, Aspinwall is dedicated to your satisfaction with our heat pump repair service. We’re proud to be known as one of the top heat pump repair companies in Quincy, MA.
Our commitment to your comfort begins with a live person handling your call. Then, we’ll be at your door as soon as possible to get your heat pump running again. Call us at 833-501-3133 to schedule your appointment for heat pump system repair now!
4 Signs You Need Heat Pump Repair
1. Excess Noise
Your heat pump will make some noise when it heats and cools. You might even hear a swooshing noise if it switches into defrost mode. But some sounds aren’t normal at all. Here are a few to be on the lookout for:
- Metallic banging, vibrating or rattling: loose parts
- Grinding: dirty bearings
- Buzzing: electrical malfunction
- Gurgling: refrigerant leak
Continuing to run a heat pump with these problems can damage it. Turn it off and call our heating and cooling pros at 833-501-3133 for repair service.
2. Turning On and Off Frequently
If your heat pump is turning on and off frequently, give us a call at 833-501-3133. Short cycling can:
- Increase energy bills.
- Cause more wear and tear.
- Increase the chance of breakdowns.
- Shorten your system’s life span.
Short cycling is often caused by a dirty air filter in your air handler. We recommend changing yours every one to three months, depending on how often your heat pump runs.
But it can also be caused by refrigerant leaks, frozen coils, a malfunctioning compressor or a broken control board. Our Aspinwall pros can quickly diagnose and correct the problem.
3. Weak Heating and Cooling
If your heat pump is struggling to keep indoor air comfortable, a dirty air filter or refrigerant leak could be causing a problem. If replacing your air filter doesn’t solve the problem, call us at 833-501-3133 for assistance.
4. Frozen Heat Pump
It’s normal for your heat pump to get a little icy during the winter. But a completely iced over or frozen heat pump is not normal. This is often caused by a lack of airflow, either from a dirty filter or dirty coils. We can help if your heat pump isn’t defrosting like it should and set you up with a heat pump maintenance plan to keep your system clean and running properly.
Should I Replace or Repair My Heat Pump?
Knowing whether to replace or repair your heat pump can be difficult. Here are a few tips that can help you determine when it’s time for heat pump installation. Between special offers and financing for qualified customers, getting a new heat pump may be more reasonable than you think it is.
- Repair costs. When repairs are more than half the cost of a new heat pump, it’s time to start thinking about replacing it.
- Repair frequency. Heat pumps become less reliable and less efficient as they age. If you’re frequently calling us for repairs, we recommend planning for replacement.
- Heat pump age. With proper maintenance, your heat pump can last 15 years or longer. When yours gets past the 10-year mark, it’s smart to start thinking about upgrading.
- Refrigerant type. Older heat pumps use R-22 Freon refrigerant, which can be an issue if you have a leak. This refrigerant isn’t being made anymore due to its damaging effects on the environment. As a result, repairing leaks can be costly. If your heat pump is old and you’re dealing with a refrigerant leak, it may just be better to have a new heat pump installed.
Schedule Your Heat Pump Repair Appointment Today
Needing heat pump repair service in Quincy, MA, can throw a wrench in your busy day. With Aspinwall, our fast and flexible appointment scheduling will get you back to normal quickly. Call us today at 833-501-3133 or request an appointment online.