Your heat pump works year-round to keep you comfortable. Keep it running reliably and energy efficiently with our heat pump maintenance in Quincy, MA.
This service is one of the easiest ways to trim your energy bill. The U.S. Department of Energy says neglected heat pumps can consume 10-25% more electricity than ones on a regular maintenance schedule.
It may also help you avoid heat pump repair and premature replacement. That’s because it gives our professionals a chance to find and correct minor issues before they cause major problems, like short cycling or freezing.
As your local Lennox® Premier Dealer™, your comfort is our number one priority at Aspinwall Plumbing & Heating. See just how comfortable you can be with our affordable heat pump service. Call us at 833-501-3133 to schedule your maintenance appointment today!
How Often Should I Have My Heat Pump Serviced?
Since your heat pump system runs all year, we recommend having preventive maintenance done twice a year. The best time is spring and fall when temperatures begin to change.
Constant heating and cooling without maintenance could cause an expensive breakdown. And cause a headache for you! With your busy schedule, we know it’s easy to forget about your HVAC system. That’s why we offer a maintenance program to keep your heat pump running smoothly.
What We Do During Heat Pump Maintenance
During your maintenance service, your Aspinwall HVAC professional will have a full list of things to check and clean. These include:
- A thorough system check. We’ll make sure your heat pump is running properly.
- Cleaning your heat pump. We’ll carefully remove grime, especially from the coils, to ensure energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- Checking refrigerant. Your heat pump uses refrigerant to transfer heat. We’ll make sure it has the right amount and will add more if necessary.
- Inspecting moving parts. We’ll check and lubricate moving parts to keep them working smoothly.
- Testing electrical connections. Your heat pump has a lot of wires and electrical connections, so we’ll make sure they’re all secure.
Heat Pump Maintenance Tips Between Visits
By now, you know twice-annual maintenance is important for keeping your heat pump at peak performance. But there are a few things you can do between visits:
- Change your air filter frequently. A dirty air filter can affect your indoor air quality, make your heat pump consume more energy or even freeze over. We recommend changing flat filters once a month and pleated filters every three months.
- Maintain clear space around your heat pump. Your outdoor unit needs space so it can get ample airflow. We recommend at least a foot on all sides and 5 feet on the top, so you’ll want to trim back bushes and remove nearby weeds and leaves. In the winter, you’ll want to keep snow and ice away.
- Clean your heat pump. If the outside of your heat pump is dusty or dirty, you can gently wash it with a low-pressure hose after turning it off.
Schedule Your Heat Pump Maintenance Appointment Today
Maintaining your heat pump is one of the best ways you can keep your home comfortable and efficient. Whether you need one-time service or want to enroll in our maintenance plan, our friendly staff is here to help you. Give us a call at 833-501-3133 to schedule your appointment for electric heat pump maintenance today.